Capasal therapeutic shampoo contains three active ingredients- coal tar- coconut oil and salicylic acid. Coal tar has been used in skin conditions for hundreds of years- but it is still not fully understood how it works- mainly because it is made up of so many different compounds. Coal tar has mild antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effects- and relieves itching. It is also absorbed into the skin cells and is thought to inhibit DNA replication in these cells. This slows down cell division and stops the cells from multiplying excessively. In turn- this reduces thickening and scaling of the skin. Salicylic acid is a type of medicine known as a keratolytic- it works by breaking down keratin- a protein that forms part of the skin structure. This results in the shedding of skin cells from the affected area. This preparation also contains coconut oil which helps to softening the skin. Capasal shampoo is used to treat scaly- itchy skin conditions affecting the scalp- such as psoriasis- seborrhoeic dermatitis or dandruff.
Benefits & Features
- contains three active ingredients, coal tar, coconut oil and salicylic acid.
- Relieves itching.
- Absorbed into the skin cells and is thought to inhibit DNA replication in these cells.
- Reduces thickening and scaling of the skin.
- Contains Coconut Oil which helps to softening the skin. Capasal shampoo is used to treat scaly, itchy skin conditions affecting the scalp, such as psoriasis, seborrhoeic dermatitis or dandruff.
How to Use
- Massaged into wet hair and the scalp for several minutes until a rich lather is produced.
- Rinse thoroughly then repeat the procedure.
- You should use the preparation daily as necessary, or as directed by your doctor.